Friday, August 29, 2014

Cartoon Commissions



This just in, Shawn took my sketch of the Green Ranger from Doctor Who Day and had it signed by Jason David Frank! Thanks guys!

More recently I've been working on a series of illustrations for "Emily", who saw my work at the last day of the Midland County Fair and asked for some commissions of cartoon characters, like this one of Dory and Marlin from "Finding Nemo".



Inspired by glow-in-the-dark overlay posters made by Mondo Tees, I also made this text heavy variant. 



Then I followed that up with the Minions from "Despicable Me".



Originally I had dreamed up a comic involving a gag of one minion discovering another minion dressed up like a banana. Instead I opted for something simpler because it was taking a lot of time to much sure I was drawing these guys on-model. Maybe I'll revisit this sometime later.


Speaking of revisiting, I've still got two more commissions to do for Emily. Come back next week and I'll probably have those finished.


Sketch ya' later!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Wow man. You got some skills. I hate falling behind on your posts. Now I have to splurge.. though, I suppose that isn't a bad thing.

    The Minion / banana idea is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're only just realizing that now, than I think I'm the one who has fallen behind!

      But by all means, please splurge!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...