Friday, July 4, 2014

Harry Birthday Dad!


Happy Independence Day to my fellow Americans! 

I have further cause to celebrate as July 4th is also my Dad's birthday. Sure, it hasn't been that long since the last time I made him a card, but this I've been sitting on this gag for a few years now figured it was high time to bring it out.

I don't expect Dad, or many other people for that matter to get the reference despite the line's frequent roles in Hollywood parodies. It comes from the 1971 film "Dirty Harry" were Clint Eastwood solidified the "cop on the edge who doesn't play by the rules" subgenre, as seen here:




"Dirty Harry" happens to have been the first movie I watched after graduating from college. I listened to the audiobook of "Little Women" that same day. Good times.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...