Friday, April 25, 2014

Faces and Fine Art for Friday

Greetings Friends! Its the last Friday in April and we're finally starting to get those April showers I've heard so much about. Theres been plenty of precipitation, but it was always snow up until now. 

I'm still working at sketching celebrity portraits using video interviews but it can be difficult to find footage doesn't cut away to the interviewer every 30 seconds. Fortunately I was able to draw at least one familiar face this week.

My name is Bond, James Bond. And it always will be. 

I've also been doing gesture drawings of fine art models to refine my anatomy skills.





Party Progress

I've taken full advantage of my new 11x14 sketchbook to figure out the pose particulars for the background dancers.




The most comments I've received have been about the couple and how they're posed. I figured it might be important to put some attention on developing the focal point of whole story. (click to enlarge)







Heres a screen shot of my latest update. The sky is now longer dark and the shelter tree is on the other side of the street. 



Now I want to hear from you. What do you think of the couple's pose? Which sketches do you like the best?

See you next week, hopefully with some May flowers. 


6 comments:

  1. I like 1094. The fact that their legs are closed, but facing each other is revealing.

    PS - I really like the heavy set lady sketches. Second from the left is awesome.

    Have a great weekend Erik!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats a very telling and helpful response. I'm certainly glad I labeled each of the sitting sketches now.

      I'm pleased to hear you liked the heavy model as well. I drew that one on an 11x14 page and had to scan it several times and merge the scans together in Photoshop. Good to know it was worth the effort!

      Delete
  2. Good job on the portraits, I like the new tree and the couple outside of the dance party illustration! Keep it up brother. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. James Bond never looked better! I love looking at that, so much depth and emotion in those images! And your process for sketching the human form is really fascinating. I love the detail you bring with this. I am not sure which one I would prefer for the project, but I have a feeling I would enjoy any of them. Every new version you share with us is always interesting, more so because I find myself wanting to just jump into that world each and every time. I just want to be there. I hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, like the song goes "Nobody Does It Better" than James Bond. I meant to make it a progression of each actor, but Sean has had such a unique look for every decade, I just couldn't resist following that.

      I share each version to help build anticipation for the final. So far it seems to be working!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...