Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day

A bit of a belated posted but this was kind of a rushed job. In the past I've drawn homemade cards for birthdays and other such occasions that I've posted previously. The tricky part is the amount of care and detail that I want to put into these as far as being personalized for the receiver as well as needing to be done on time. Case in point, this is an idea that popped into my head late Thursday night, and with Father's Day on Sunday, I did pretty much nothing else but work on this card so that it would be ready.



So here is a scene from my childhood with my Dad reading a bedtime story to me and my brother and his words cause the moon and star pattern on the bedsheets to rise up and morph into a knight charging at a dragon. 

If I had more time I would have liked to have shown the gradual transformation from moon to dragon and star to knight, but what can you do?

My Dad liked the card but remarked that  he had hair at this time, which I certainly don't remember. hahah.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...