Saturday, May 1, 2010

Pete Peril



















With the school year winding down I have a handful of projects to update. First is this two page original comic I've been working on for my Comic Book Illustration class. "Pete Peril" is inspired by the iconic opening to "Raiders of the Lost Ark", involving looking for lost treasure inside a ruinous cave. Like most of my work there is a noticeable chiaroscuro style.

In order to brush up on my visual storytelling skills I looked for inspiration in Hal Foster's old "Tarzan" comic strips (Thanks Golden Age Comic Book Stories!)Pete himself is an ace pilot and his appearance is based on various characters from Milton Caniff's "Terry and the Pirates". Wealthy heiress and old flame Ann Weatherbee follows Pete on this quest for a mystic gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...