Friday, January 17, 2014

Sketchbook Sharing: Let's do the Time Warp Again!


Not as much in the post here as last week on account I've been very busy making sure the sidewalks are safe to tread on. I tell you nothing makes you feel more civilized than beating the ground with a stick... to chip apart the ice of course.

Something I have been tinkering with recently is a new self portrait. I'm considering some kind of full body shot, maybe with some props, definitely in color, just so I can have something to liven up the front page of my website.



To try and determine how best to draw myself, I looked at some photos that I took as references for some earlier projects. I think I can safely say that I have my boxy mug, but am still a little uncertain how to proceed from here.


In the meantime, here are some warm up sketches of some of pop culture's most famous time travelers, Marty McFly and Doctor Who's Fourth Doctor.




 

Now let's wrap up with Wonder Woman. 






4 comments:

  1. Digging it. Like Marty on the skateboard and Dr. Who with the bit of red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      Wasn't sure how that red would read. It was supposed to show the structure of the rough sketch, but I think this color might have been a bit too loud.

      Delete
  2. I love seeing your original sketches. I can see the progression in your work. I am jealous of the talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir. Now all I have to do is figure out how I can power my Death Ray with your endless admiration.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...