Friday, March 6, 2015

"Doc Wizard" Development

Rough Pencils to Rough Digitals in Ninety Minutes!


Since then I’ve been working on a few ideas.    

Here we have a rough for an illustration focused on a young wizard battling monsters and masked miscreants in a mid century metropolis.

I was inspired by a number of things I enjoy; A young magician establishing themselves in a modern city comes from Kiki's Delivery Service. The pulp hero in the big city with a flare for the fantastic is taken from cartoons like Batman The Animated Series and The Legend of Korra with the big monster being battled by super psudeo-science is borrowed from Lee and Kirby's run on the Fantastic Four. I also want to give a shout out to Michael May's Adventureblog for his recent King Kong posts that helped fuel the fire.

Still working out were I can go with this and how I might be able to involve mechanical men, femme fatales and other colorful characters!


4 comments:

  1. No this am so looking forward too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that means I'll have to actually finish it then.

      Delete
  2. So cool Erik! I am looking forward to what you do with this. Your inspirations all sound like wonderful things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M! Comments like this are the inspiration I need to keep going!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...