Friday, February 6, 2015

What I did for The Spongebob Movie

Are you ready kids? I said are you ready?!

Well I've been ready for over a year now. Today is the premiere of The Spongebob Movie: Sponge Out of Water, which means I can finally show off what I did for this feature.

Sandy Squirrel on the bottom left of this T-Shirt was drawn by yours truly!





I was contacted by an art director at Nickelodeon who saw my previous squirrel illustrations and hired me for this project. We went through a number of different poses based on concept art from the film before settling on the final.







I still pinch myself that I got to do this. It was an incredible experience and I hope to have more opportunities like it in the future.

Go see the movie and buy lots of these T-Shirts! Do it now!




12 comments:

  1. Erik!!!!!!!! THIS IS AWESOME BUD!!!!!!!! Congrats on getting this epic commission. Not only is the work amazing, but this is great exposure for your work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian. Its rewarding to receive such support from other artists such as yourself!

      Delete
  2. That is sweeeet! You've hit the Big Time big, my friend! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael!

      I don't know about Big Time, but I do feel like a small fish that made his way into the big ocean!

      Delete
    2. That is very very cool. You got to live the dream and I hope that continues. Could you get the call to do the Squirrel Girl movie soon? If so remember the little people...and their little fish.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the encouragement Kal! Believe me if there was a Squirrel Girl movie being made I wouldn't wait to be invited, I would crash that meeting and take charge of that whole operation!

      Now that you mention it, squirrels have been a big part of my business. Maybe I should consider making some Doreen sketches down the line!

      Delete
  3. Dude, that's awesome! Sandy looks fantastic! She reminds me of your Christmas card from a few years back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mason.

      For years people have told me "stick with the squirrels". I guess they were right.

      Delete
  4. Erik, I am so proud and excited for you. This is truly amazing and I am so glad that you can share this with us all now! I have been patiently waiting for you to be able to share this with us! Totally awesome. I hope more work for you in this department for sure! Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael, I am truly blessed to have such friends as you to help support and keep me going.

      Truth be told I've been scared to post this because I was worried it might not be able to live up to such a standard as Spongebob. I'm relieved that such fears were all for naught!

      There is a new fear in the back of my mind not knowing whats next, but with all this encouragement, I feel I can rest a little easier now.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...