Well that and I'm working on two new pieces simultaneously, both taking more time than I anticipated and I'd like to have at least one post up before this month is half over.
1. I have seen all 120 episodes of the ‘60s Batman TV Series with Adam West, while I have watched only about half of the episodes from the original Star Trek (45 of 80 at present). I don’t know whether that loses or gains me any nerd points.
But whose fight music do I use?
2. I have never been outside of North America at any time in my life. Farthest out I've been is to some small islands in the Bahama area as part of a cruise to celebrate my grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary.
3. I’ve never driven on the highway by myself before. Its probably one of the reasons I’m not too keen on traveling.
4. I feel so exposed while wearing T-Shirts. I much prefer collared shirts even when they have short sleeves. Though really, the more layers the better for me.
5. I never got into drinking coffee, or even soda for that matter. I usually just stick to water and sugar free lemonade most of the time.
6. My title may be “illustrator”, but I consider myself a “storyteller” first and foremost. When people ask what an illustrator is, I often say that it’s a “narrative artist”.
7. Multiple people have told me that I have a “radio announcer voice” and that I should “look into acting or stand up comedy”.
8. I have written over one hundred original articles for TV Tropes (119 at last count, not including many extensive edits).
9. I’m known for my exceptional oral hygiene. I’ve never had a cavity in my life.
10. According the Meyers Briggs Personality Test I am an ISTJ (Introvert Sensing Thinking Judging) also known as the Guardian-Inspector Type. This type is best known for being orderly, dependable, practical and dutiful.
11. I have a sizable collection of movies, mostly titles made in the ‘40s and ‘50s. The two most common genres in this assemblage include suspense horror and romantic drama.
|Anyone up for a double feature at my place?|
12. I listen to a lot of instrumental music while I work on my art. My most played songs include Alfred Hitchcock movie scores and soundtracks from the various Super Sentai television series.
13. I was interviewed for the PBS documentary “The Cartoonist: Jeff Smith, Bone, and the Changing Face of Comics”. My comments were not included in the finished film, but I can be seen in the foreground during the scenes they shot at the Wexner Center.
|Now available at Amazon!|
14. Back when I lived in Columbus I kept a bowl of candies by the front door of my apartment to entice visitors to stay. One day I come home from class to see that the bowl is empty. I refilled it and went about my business. That night I woke up at 2:30 in the morning to a muffled “boom” noise. Confused I just went back to sleep only to discover the next morning that the bowl was empty again.
Curious, I filled it again, and the next morning again at 2:30 there was the same muffled “boom” sound again. I got out of bed and looked in the living room. The bowl was empty.
Alarmed, I imagined that there was a wormhole to hell opening in that room and would come back and swallow me up. I slammed and locked my bedroom door, booted up my laptop to tell everyone on Facebook that this would be my last night on Earth and waited in terror for what ever it was to come back and get me and then… nothing happened.
Recalling the incident to my mother, she claimed I made the whole thing up to try and get money out of her or something. Saying that I must have eaten it all and just forgotten about it. Thanks Mom.
|Furniture movers have nothing on chocolate thieves!|