Thursday, March 24, 2011

Horsing Around

I was originally going to title this post "A Horse is a Horse, A Horse of Course" but that seemed like it would be to much work for an obscure reference. Speaking of that theme song, can Mr. Ed really be "famous" if Wilbur is the only one he talks to? I guess television theme songs of the sixties lied to us all the time. I mean, can you really call Gilligan, "a mighty sailing man"?

Anyway, I had a recent freelance assignment that involved drawing a horse. What the client didn't specify is how simple they wanted the horse to be, on par with that of a coloring book page.

So I had all these sketches of horses and as far as the assignment went, all for naught.

Not wanting to waste the opportunity, I finalized a select few with ink for effect.

Enjoy. Click for full size.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...